Sunday, 31 October 2010

DAILY POEM "NANCY SMITH" FOR HALLOWEEN

Whilst walking through
the streets one night
I came across a wonderous sight
A lady aglow in yellow light.

She looked so very real to me
I walked towards her shaking
her aura I could feel so strong
could my eyes be faking?



Her dress was of a distant past
her hair was long and dark
she made the street light up around
whilst heading for the park.

She walked along a darkened path
her dress trailing on the ground
smiling beautifully as she walked
knowing she had been found.

I stayed close behind her
the moonlight shone the way
I tried to stop and talk to her
but my lips just couldn't say.

Her bodice was coloured blood  red
she was without a coat
wondering how she managed to walk
then noticed she would float.

Mesmerized by her beauty
following her for hours
glancing around every now and then
she engulfed me with her powers.

Eventually she stopped to look
at a decrepit abandoned shack
I glanced down towards her feet
she did not leave a track.

Staring into the building
tears ran from her eyes
she pointed to an inscription
then by magic she began to rise.

Directed by her trance
to the notice on the door
the light was slowly fading
 it was hard to read once more

Reaching for a match
the message was unclear
the writing was of  scripture
how long had this been here?

Her name was Nancy Smith
she died in a tragic way
in 1840 at this time
her life was taken away.

She died from a horrible fire
no one had tried to assist
human life was worth nothing then
death was always dismissed.

Knowing she needed someone to help
she strolled the streets at night
but she never got any attention
she could not reach the light.

I said a prayer for Nancy
to allow her soul to rest
then set fire to the remaining shell 
it was for the best.

Three nights later I returned
flowers covered the spot
Nancy at rest peacefully now.
the remains of her forgot.

Nancy's soul had rested now
she eventually won her fight
to this day no girl was seen
with a glow of yellow  light.

I wrote this poem a few years ago, and forgot to post it, this is haunting, I am a believer in people not finding the light so to speak and left in limbo, strange things happen, some explained some unexplained.Happy Halloween folks and thanks as always for all your support :)

Do you believe in ghosts? have you seen one? have you experienced the paranormal? I have....


Please checkout BLOG PROMOTIONS 
Please checkout SHORT STORIES
Please checkout BILLY'S RANTS

No comments:

Post a Comment

You do not have to register to leave a comment, simply click the drop down box for anonymous... the comment will go through, or why not Subscribe! Thanks a million for leaving a comment
PLEASE NOTE COMMENTS WILL SHOW UP AFTER APPROVAL.
your reviews of my work are deeply appreciated, please come visit again..:)
,