Monday, 28 June 2010

DAILY POEM "IRON OUT YOUR WOES"



He stands over the hot iron
pressing all his shirts
the sweat overcoming him
steam coming in squirts.


The shirts must be perfect
the sleeves have a crease
and after putting too many on
he will retreat in peace.


When it comes to the trousers
the pain starts to come
creases going everywhere
running off in fun.


Finally the job is done
as he steps back to view his work
if someone had been looking in the window
he would have looked a Burk.


When you live on your own
these jobs have to be done
you dread the very thought of it
you would rather have more fun.


So for all you lovely ladies
who do these chores each day
I applaud and bow my head to you
that's all that I can say.


Every Sunday evenin I dread it, getting the old Ironing board out to press my shirts and trousers for work on Monday, when I was married I still did my own clothes but its a chore I would rather not do lol, some ladies love ironing while others don't I would be surprised if any guy liked doing it but it will be interesting to find out,

Girls do YOU do all the ironing or pressing at home, or does your hubby or partner do it?

PS SADLY THE ABOVE PIC ISNT OF ME LOL


Please checkout BLOG PROMOTIONS 
Please checkout SHORT STORIES