Friday, 11 June 2010

DAILY POEM "GROWING UP WITH A BEST FRIEND "

;AMY AND THE PETERSONS FAMILY FRIDAY


When growing up 
you were there
no matter when 
no matter where.

I played with you
all day long
you followed me everywhere
right or wrong.

When I ate
 you did too
you got me laughing
when feeling blue.

I bathed you weekly
you loved  to swim
you gave me exercise
never needed a gym.


We slept together
you took the whole bed
you snored very loud
and acted all dead.

You sat on the floor
begging for food
I would pass you my meat
if you were good.

At the end of the day
you were my best friend
I loved you so much
till the very end.


I have always grown up with dogs, when younger we never fully appreciated our best friend, they would entertain, be there for you and give you so much love, I dedicate this poem to the best friend I ever had, his name was Laddie, he was a special dog, happy memories of growing up, may he still be happy running around upstairs.

Did you have a best friend growing up, what special memories do you hold :)

PLEASE VISIT AMY AND LORIS FAMILY FRIDAY  AND MY SPECIAL FRIEND JINGLE AS SHE ALWAYS TAKES PART :) LINKS AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE :)



Please checkout BLOG PROMOTIONS  
Please checkout SHORT STORIES 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You do not have to register to leave a comment, simply click the drop down box for anonymous... the comment will go through, or why not Subscribe! Thanks a million for leaving a comment
PLEASE NOTE COMMENTS WILL SHOW UP AFTER APPROVAL.
your reviews of my work are deeply appreciated, please come visit again..:)
,