Saturday, 1 May 2010

DAILY POEM "A VISIT TO THE DENTIST"


PICTURE COURTESY OF GOOGLE




SHAKIRA'S MEME PLEASE VISIT HER AND THE OTHER ENTRIES

In agony again before I go
Pacing the carpet to and fro
terrified, shaking, beyond apprehension
firming my body in ultimate tension.

Reaching to phone shaking with fear
eyes wide open whilst wiping a tear
lifting the receiver scared to speak
"thats ok sir see you next week."

Next week comes face is white
ten oclock nearing doesn't look bright
waiting room full saddened faces
adults and children some with braces.

Finally they call I cannot even walk
let alone answer the nurse or talk
"sit down please sir take off your coat"
mouth all dry and rancid sore throat,

Sterilised smell then a hand in your mouth
the man in the mask says "please sir look South"
A sharp object enters cavaties unknown
ouch that hurt did he touched a bone?.

Nurse gets ready hoover in your face
uttering niceties whilst looking into space
"are you ok sir" she tenderly speaks
mouth full of hand , mumbling through my cheek.

Shaking so bad now chair is vibrating
eyes bulging badly heart pulsating
wishing it would end now time going slow
cannot wait for this to end and just up and go.

Mouthwash beckons nearly over now
sweat on my face running from my brow
pain all gone cannot feel my face
nurse still hoovering staring into space.

Equipment is tossed into sterilised fluid
masks and uniforms like ancient druids
Smiling happy faces done a good job
nervously wrecked im looking like a slob.

Running out the dentists glad I went
100 dollars later money well spent.
next time I go out beef is off
pasta and pizza is what I'll scoff.

Everyone LOVES the Dentist lol, I have written a poem describing how we feel when we need to go, this is a poem for Shakiras Funny weekend meme :)


Please checkout BLOG PROMOTIONS
Please checkout SHORT STORIES