Saturday, 15 May 2010

DAILY POEM "ITS MY TURN"








Darlin turn the tv over
it's time to watch my sport
I know your going out tonight
off course I'll "hold the fort"!

Beer in the fridge, plenty to eat
I'm gonna have a ball
the phone is turned to silent
I do not want a call..

Douse the lights, put out the cat
Im ready for the fun
I hope there are plenty of subs tonight
at least some that can run!



Wife is out the scene is set
for a night of sporting bliss
can you imagine what happened next?
they called for a sub called Chris!!

Cussing at the tv set
my team are getting beat
I jump so high with excitement
and land right on my feet.

The final score is looming
the ref is about to blow
cmon I shout at the tv loudly
you need to let it go.

My team won an impressive game
what a night of passion
which is just as well for me that night
cos when the wife comes in its rationed.

Lol guys like their time out as well, a typical male night in on his own, right? lol

Please visit Shakiras page for other entries.






Please checkout BLOG PROMOTIONS
Please checkout SHORT STORIES

13 comments:

  1. haha. oh my...i love this one...when my wife coes in its rationed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny indeed,
    you are superb for doing funnies with depth and wide range of topics!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi William; this is really funny.I love the 5th stanza baout football.I 'm a football fan and I usually do that.3 hours later , my favorite team will play the last game for the championship.I hope they'll win .well done william.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What that happens every night in my house.. Ha..

    Have an amazing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Love that last part! Great stuff :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is too funny Billy. Great poem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounded like real fun.
    you are a magician with words.
    just loved the feeling of liberty in the poem.

    happy weekend and namaste.

    trisha
    mydomainpvt.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep you guys love thos sports lol,good fun poem I enjoed it!!! "Happy Saturday Qilliam" enjoy yourself!!!
    Love you :)
    "Flower"

    ReplyDelete
  9. that was a real night of a guy alone cool one freind :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A guy has got to have his fun too. :) Fun post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Brian Miller

    THANKS A LOT FRIENDS AS ALWAYS U ALL MAKE MY DAY :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am always pleasantly surprised by your talent ...
    superb...
    I miss this from my reader somehow...
    aiks..sorry..I have entered your link of course.
    Love you for playing...
    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a very humorous poem. Everyone needs some time to have some fun and eat bad food.
    Love this:
    “I know your going out tonight
    off course I'll "hold the fort"!”
    Thank you for the laughter!
    Gerardine xx

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to register to leave a comment, simply click the drop down box for anonymous... the comment will go through, or why not Subscribe! Thanks a million for leaving a comment
PLEASE NOTE COMMENTS WILL SHOW UP AFTER APPROVAL.
your reviews of my work are deeply appreciated, please come visit again..:)
,