Tuesday, 11 May 2010

DAILY POEM "FLORAL DISPLAY" freeflow :)


I watch you in the vase
pert, proud,colorful
days on end you brighten
the darkest of days'

The sweet smell
intoxicates me
makes me feel that I am
surrounded by good things.

You amaze me more and more
you survive with
merely water as your
soul nourishment.



Your color does not fade
you still surprise me
blooming away
each new day.

When you finaly fade
it seems my World crumbles
melting,deteriorating
in front of my eyes.

No longer do you omit
a perfume aroma
showing me
you are alive.

Eventually you wilt
as you give up the ghost
and try to rest
spitting seeds.

The question is
will I gather you?
re plant you?
or leave you in peace?

The obvious answer is
I do not know!


Flowers are a beautiful thing, picked and placed in a vase, they brighten up your day, bring color into your life and somehow make u happy. consider they are grown in hot climates before we buy them and put them into a vase, its very interesting to see how long they last, remembering how they were and what they become.

Do you like flowers? whats your fav?




Please checkout BLOG PROMOTIONS 
Please checkout SHORT STORIES

17 comments:

  1. i do like flowers...tiger lilies are cool. i have a bench out back by the grape vine that gives a marvelous view of all the flowers. i like to go there and sit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear william,
    what a beautiful poem for an adorable thing. i love flowers- almost all of them.
    have a lovely week ahead,
    namaste,
    trisha,
    mydomainpvt.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually dont have a fav...I love o bouquet of assorted..big and bursting...all colors...great topic...William..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flowers are to be appreciated...This is so true to life...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a huge fan of flowers but roses are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely poem.
    William, I was thought to put some sugar in the water so that the flowers will last longer...
    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like flowers, I am not picky I like all flowers. I tell everyone don't wait until someone dies to send them flowers do it while they are alive and can enjoy them. As always my friend your poem is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful picture! And equally beautiful words! I love Lilacs they are in bloom but I can’t being them in the house this year, Sanosuke will eat them:-)
    Lovely words:
    “The sweet smell
    intoxicates me”
    Gerardine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow,
    flowers bring us so much fun and love,
    every woman smiles when she receives flowers,
    garden flowers simply precious to enjoy out doors.

    you are such rare mind who takes notice in such delicate and fancy plant, amazing!

    very beautiful poem
    for rather uplifting friend-flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. http://itistimetothinkformyself.blogspot.com/2010/05/jingles-may-follower-award-week-2.html

    yes, I like flowers,
    roses are my fv.
    thank you for the excellent post!
    your poem smells like fresh flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks a million friends your support always makes my day xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely poem to sit and read when I am trying to calm down. :) Thank you my friend. :) I love roses. :) Want to send me some in CA? lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. My fav flower is the orchid....they are hard to take care of but nothing is easy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heyyy William beautiful poem!!! I love flowers and the tulip is my favorite,and any of them that's red I really enjoy.
    Love ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. dear william,
    waiting for today's post.
    :)
    happy thursday n namaste,
    trisha
    mydomainpvt.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love flowers but I rather get one that I can plant and enjoy for many times to come instead of a few days. I love Hydrangea's and of course Cali lilies are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Billy,

    I loved your poem and enjoyed the painting. Mary Naylor

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to register to leave a comment, simply click the drop down box for anonymous... the comment will go through, or why not Subscribe! Thanks a million for leaving a comment
PLEASE NOTE COMMENTS WILL SHOW UP AFTER APPROVAL.
your reviews of my work are deeply appreciated, please come visit again..:)
,