Saturday, 10 April 2010

DAILY POEM "SKYSCRAPER" GUESS THE MOVIE 4

The day started off so cold
even though it was mid June
the sky was odd and cloudless
in the distance was the moon.

How could that be possible?
when it was only three pm
it started getting darker
we had no idea it was them.


Thunderous noise was evident
even though the sky was clear
it sounded like a nuclear bomb
my hair stood up with fear.

Then it suddenly started
the Town was buzzing loud
everyone ran to the highway
clambering over the crowd.

What was all the excitement?
why was everything still?
the thunderous noise subsided
as the crowd all froze at will.

The sky was in total darkness
not caused by the sun going down
everyones face was ashen
seriously wearing a frown.

What were the spheres in the sky
as still as the fresh afternoon air
not even a sound of birds was heard
its as if they had a scare.

Many thought it was asteroids
on a collision course with the World
it was only when they appeared
that all would be unfurled.

No one knew the devastation
that would follow next day
buildings had been demolished
in a terrifying way.

Soon the World was under threat
from beings with ill intent
whilst others were still disbelieving
could the Earth be spent?

Guess the movie 3, lol, no one has got any of my guess the movie poems yet, but I am sure EVERYONE will get this one, I could not make it too easy for you, there are several options for this film, but I am positive my intelligent friends will get it, good luck, the winning guesses will NOT be posted until the end of the night my time, so please have a go... I will let you know who guessed first in the comments later this evening.

GUESS THE MOVIE?

19 comments:

  1. ummm I got the Misery poem right and this one is Independence Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you kept me on my toes Billy, a well delivered poem.
    as for the movie , I guess it 's 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful. independence day? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have NO IDEA, William dear but I bet it is
    "THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL"
    I watched too many movies. Aiks.
    I love you!
    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,
    how are you?
    movie time,
    how cool!
    you know the best,
    no test,
    I will wait
    and that's great!

    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today is so quiet,
    where is everyone?
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am never good at this.. SO I say no sure.. Have a great weekend... Thanks for you kind words today I so needed them..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Billy nobody can guess the correct movies because you are so darn good at writing these poem. This one is as my sweet friend Shakira said, "THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL."

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations kathy guess they are getting TOO easy for u clever clogs lol, thanks everyone else for playing along :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought it was Armageddon? I couldn't remember the name of that other one with the asteroids. Er, can I google it pleeeease!! 

    ReplyDelete
  11. Suryagni well done dear, u and Kathy got it, very clever xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think we watch the same movies! *lol* Even so, I liked the poem :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well...I was out and about and missed this all! :( Sorry! :) Congrats to the winner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. awe sorry Luisa, will be more soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ack, too late, I fear!! :) I snoozed, I loosed.

    Fun rhymes and story told, as usual.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/04/11/follow-jingle-to-make-your-blog-twinkle/

    Happy Sunday!
    You Are Such A Loyal Follower of Jingle,
    #1 to Jingle when it comes to commenting and following..
    stay cool,
    you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yeah I finally got one right!!! Awesome job as always!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the Doctor- So I would guess Dr. Who. I would have been wrong:-)
    Excitement I love it!
    "What was all the excitement?
    why was everything still?
    the thunderous noise subsided
    as the crowd all froze at will."

    Love these poems, even when I’m late the fun doesn’t ebb.
    Gerardine xx

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to register to leave a comment, simply click the drop down box for anonymous... the comment will go through, or why not Subscribe! Thanks a million for leaving a comment
PLEASE NOTE COMMENTS WILL SHOW UP AFTER APPROVAL.
your reviews of my work are deeply appreciated, please come visit again..:)
,