Monday, 12 April 2010

DAILY POEM "MUSIC IS LOVE" GUESS THE MOVIE 5




The plane had landed fiercfully
passengers were nervous and scared
the airport runway was difficult
no one had really prepared.

She got herself ready in the powder room
a lady of finesse, no surprise
she lit everywhere around her
with her beaming greenish eyes.



It all started in that old cafe
the lights dimming to dark
the atmosphere was electric
all we wanted was the spark.

The piano player sang softly
it was their favourite song
nothing at all had mattered
not even right or wrong.

It was years ago they first met
in the very same cafe of old
they departed on good terms
he was the brash and bold.

It was a bad time for any one then
the war had just broken out
Germans were there in numbers
a dark presence without any doubt.

He stood tall and dashing
even in the poor dim light
his suit was grey and spotless
his looks ruggen and light.

At first she was shy and timid
trying to act so cool
he saw through her naturally
being he was no fool.

Could they rekindle the love
burning on a low flame
for many it was enivetable
if not it would be a shame.

As the piano player tinkled
and sang their favourite song
for now everything was perfect
could their love prolong?

Guess the movie, now this is easy, Viola I am sure you will get this, I made an error by posting the winner in the last movie but I will NOT do it this time until the end of the night my time, have a go friends,

Please checkout BLOG PROMOTIONS
Please checkout SHORT STORIES

15 comments:

  1. ack. got no clue on this one william...will be thinking and dropping back in to see if any guesses jog a thought loose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot think of one, aiks!
    I really would like to know though..

    You, my friend , should be writing MOVIE SCRIPTS!
    What wonderful talent!
    See, now I want to see the movie too.
    Sounds like a Danielle Steel's novels.

    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is easy you say?? Oh I do not know what it is either...

    Happy MOnday..

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about Casa Blanca? That is my best guess. Great poem, btw! Hope you are well. I am now back on the web...after vacation and computer problems. Missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's got to be Casablanca. Right? Right? <3<3 and no I wasn't out getting sunburnt I was in working and being all romantical!! <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun,
    I don't watch movie at all in recent years...
    Thank you for asking the questions,
    at least we learn something.
    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it Casablanca? Great movie and great poem :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Piano is the only movie I can think of. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to give this some thought Billy. I do believe you got me again. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. congratulations BETH, KATHY and LILLIUM it is indeed CASABLANCA,I am VERY impressed ladies, thanks all for taking part in the fun, u rock xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I was a movie buff~ but I see it is indeed CASABLANCA~What a fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well crap it's been so long since I seen Casablanca! Great poem as always, you make me think love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderfully written. you have portrayed the movie perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect! It has to be Casablanca!
    Love these lines:
    "It all started in that old cafe
    the lights dimming to dark
    the atmosphere was electric
    all we wanted was the spark."
    I am never disappointed when I read your poems. Thank you for the beautiful words.
    Gerardine xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another great one as usual William! Love your guessing games they are fun!

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to register to leave a comment, simply click the drop down box for anonymous... the comment will go through, or why not Subscribe! Thanks a million for leaving a comment
PLEASE NOTE COMMENTS WILL SHOW UP AFTER APPROVAL.
your reviews of my work are deeply appreciated, please come visit again..:)
,