Saturday, 17 April 2010

DAILY POEM "THE LOST SOULS"

The ship lay beneath the riotous ocean
three thousand feet she lay
the time was near and creeping up
from the port of Blackman bay.

Twas eighteen hundred and forty nine
the dreadful day she sank
while men and women were merry that night
no one was there to thank.


Thirty men and ten women
perished and were never to be found
whilst tied up in the dock that night
the whole crew perished and drowned.

The Captain was a lowly man
interested in nothing but sin
he blasted blasphemy as if it was normal
over the music and din.

No one listened they were all engaged
in sins of the flesh and rum
the music got louder the shouting as well
and all that could be heard was the drum

The rest of the crew were granted leave
and were making merriment in town
in the morning they returned to were they were docked
the expressions were dogged with a frown.

No bodies were found no trace of the crew
and to this day its a mystery
some blame the Captain and his ways
the rest is believed to be history.

A piece of fiction, I wrote this poem based on a documentary I saw on tv regarding the marie celeste, the ship that was floating in water without any crew,  enjoy.

DO YOU LIKE A MYSTERY?


Please checkout BLOG PROMOTIONS
Please checkout SHORT STORIES

30 comments:

  1. quite the tale you have wove today william. i will admit, early maritime stories are rather fascinating to me...esp pirates and what...its the adnenturor in me i think..

    ReplyDelete
  2. finally succeeded in posting comment :) after three or four attempts-loading and reloading the page :) :)

    you created a marvellous environment of mystery. i love mystery and horror.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Mystery it can be fun to solve..

    Have a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAH!
    I love MYSTERY.
    I used to read many novels on this, I took advanced children's literature courses when I was getting my Maste of Science Degree In Education.

    beautiful post!
    Very exceptional poem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No bodies were found no trace of the crew
    and to this day its a mystery
    some blame the Captain and his ways
    the rest is believed to be history.


    You have unique way in WORDS, the poem reads smoothly and keeps readers on the page until it ends, best poem ever.

    Happy Saturday!
    Your talent shines!
    ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always so intrigued by mystery! Hope you have a magical day. :) Nice to see you at the party. Thank you again for being such a great supporter of all of us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love stories about tall ships, and boating. Thanks for sharing! Hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awe sorry Trisha, thanks for comin back, appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  9. awe thanks Ji, and u had me going with the maths but enjoyed working it out xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks Luisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. cool, glad I got it right today, just for u xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love mystery, of course you already know that. LOL Love this poem Billy. It kept my eyes glued to every line until I reached the end!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice telling of the mystery. Enjoyed this. As for my island poem, wishing I could find that island myself today. Thank you for your faithful visits and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it!
    "Thirty men and ten women perished and were never to be found whilst tied up in the dock that night the whole crew perished and drowned"
    Very eerie! Will you write a story to go with this?

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi Gerardine, maybe someday, thanks for your kind comments xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks dear, I love your work, it is the biz xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. awe thanks apple xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/04/18/impressive-mathematics-problem-solving-skills-award/

    awards for you,.
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/04/18/impressive-mathematics-problem-solving-skills-award/

    hope that you enjoy a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Be sure to wear some sun screen tomorrow and drink lots of water. Can't wait until Monday to see what you are up too. I will feel silly if I do not get it.. Stay safe in the sun...xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really good William! I love mystery,enjoyed the read. "Happy Sunday"!
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your work William, really very good poetry :)

    Marinela x x

    ReplyDelete
  23. AWE THANKS BABE XX

    ReplyDelete
  24. lol u will get it, guaranteed xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. thanks dear xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. awe thank you, how kind xxx

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to register to leave a comment, simply click the drop down box for anonymous... the comment will go through, or why not Subscribe! Thanks a million for leaving a comment
PLEASE NOTE COMMENTS WILL SHOW UP AFTER APPROVAL.
your reviews of my work are deeply appreciated, please come visit again..:)
,