Sunday, 4 April 2010

DAILY POEM "EASTER IS A TIME OF JOY"



PICTURE COURTESY OF GOOGLE


A fresh Spring day comes alive
with kids playing Easter games
Parents hide the goodies well
in bushes or climbing frames.

Some search high, some search low
looking for the Master Prize
were are they hidden? no one knows
no matter the worth or size.

Remember what this day is about
Don't Glamorize it with set trends
it depends what you believe in
or on what this day depends.

Good Friday was the day he died
crucified on his cross
the very day mankind cried
burdened with his loss.

Easter Sunday is the very day
Jesus came out of his tomb
the great stone that rolled away
from his darkened room.

The egg represents the large stone
that rolled down the hill
so it is attached to this story
for then it was his will.

Easter time is a celebration
to remember Jesus ALIVE
the very day he came among them
to look after us and thrive.

Enjoy your celebrations
its a day of fun and laughter
make the most of happy times
now and forever after .

"Easter is a Christian festival. For Christians the custom of giving eggs at Easter celebrates new life. Christians remember that Jesus, after dying on the cross, rose from the dead. They believe that, through his resurrection, Jesus defeated death and sin and offers people the promise of eternal life if they follow his teachings."

Have a Super Easter folks and remember the real reason for the celebrations :)




































17 comments:

  1. wonderful post william! was talking with a group of volunteers this morning...today we celebrate...let the smile on your face show that! off to spend the day with my family...4 generations. will be fun. hope you have an incredible easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful piece of work william. Its adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful Easter poem!
    Well done, William!
    I would like to wish you and your family
    Many Easter Blessings and have you a great Easter!
    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  4. We get spring from the 1st of April here.... Enjoy my friend

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/04/04/easter-sunday-awards-to-fill-your-basket/

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know the story,
    it reminds us of rebirth of life,
    Spring time,
    Happy Sunday!
    Celebrate new life with love...

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Ji

    thanks friends hope u are all having a great Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Easter song "UP FROM THE GRAVE HE AROSE." and the song "HE LIVES." There is no doubt in my mind up from the grave Jesus arose and no doubt in my mind that He lives. He does live and for those who ask forgiveness of their sins, Jesus will come and live in their hearts and they are promised eternal life. I don't know about anyone else but I get so excited just thinking about it. I love everything there is about Easter. From the beautiful colors spring brings, the joy and excitement of our children, to the celebration of Jesus' resurrection. Spring is indeed a wonderful time of the year. You my friend have done an amazing job on penning this wonderful poem. Jesus is looking down from the windows of Heaven smilling on you. I know you have given Him much job from your poem. Happy Easter my frie4nd. Do you have someone to share it with today since your family is gone?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Easter..

    I loved the Bunny at the end..

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Beautiful"!!! "Happy Easter"!! Thanks for your sweet comment Sir William Love you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Viola

    thanks vi and amy, vi, that was a lovely comment, hope Larry is home and comfortable, and yes Muriel and Steph dont go to Edinburgh till Tuesday thanks for your concern xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Sunday Evening!
    Your support means a world to me.
    God Bless you and your loved ones.

    cheers,
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I liked your Easter offering. Best wishes for this sacred celebration. Thank you for your continuing support and encouragement. I will tease you a little. I debate the "advancing into poetry" since haiku is a form of poetry. ;) I am really enjoying expanded the writing experience though. Glad you liked them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. III love your poem. I love the message, I shared in a beautiful service today with my family. The day was great! I am sure you all had a beautiful time with the Easter celebration! :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a GREAT Easter post! Thanks William just what I needed!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful poem! And such a cute bunnie!
    I am a little late, but I hope you had a wonderful Easter!
    Gerardine xx

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to register to leave a comment, simply click the drop down box for anonymous... the comment will go through, or why not Subscribe! Thanks a million for leaving a comment
PLEASE NOTE COMMENTS WILL SHOW UP AFTER APPROVAL.
your reviews of my work are deeply appreciated, please come visit again..:)
,