Friday, 12 March 2010

DAILY POEM "A VISIT TO THE ZOO"



We’re all going to the zoo today
Excitement adorns us in a brand new way.
Lions, Tigers, Seals, and giraffes
Penguins,snakes all here today.

Children laughing at the Lions roar
as the Polar bear dives in for fish
Monkeys playing on old chewed ropes
as the peacocks eat out of a dish'



Magical feeling of excitement dawns
as we are taken on a bus ride
the hypos roll in mudded fields
as families of animals hide.

Caged but happy the animlas feed
zoo keepers standing by
some birds walking fast on the ground
whilst others take off and fly.

Cars being bombarded with little Monkeys
curious about the machine
babys so small they hardly move
but the adults are overly keen.

The river trip is a must for all
the seals swim as fast as the boat
looking for scraps from the zoo keeper
guzzling fish down their throat.

On the little Island alligators roam
watching through their cold green eyes
huge but fast mammals in control
looking for a quick surpise.

On the way back the river is alive
with many a sight to see
the kids gone quiet, all gobsmacked
as they wtach them swimming free.

The day has ended much action seen
at our local zoo
plenty to talk about at school on Monday
a great day had by me and you :)

One of the happy memories of my childhood was visiting Edinburgh zoo, not far from were we lived this was excitement at its highest, spending hours going round all the animal enclosures and further afield made it a great day, with the famous Penguins parade, this was superb,my older sisters always took us to the zoo and we also had a picnic, so what better to share for family Friday than a happy childhood family memory.

What trips did YOU love when you were a child? what memories do you have?

23 comments:

  1. Aww! That was cool - I love the zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had so much fun last year taking my little one to the Zoo. She loved it and I can't wait to go back. Thanks for sharing this today with all of us.. I loved it..

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I STILL love going to the zoo! I'm an animal person :) My kids always loved the trips to the zoo too...we could never decide what our favorite was though: Dallas Zoo, St. Louis Zoo or Tulsa Zoo. They're all great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine was the Empire State Building and the beach..of course..William this is so fantastic...you have an endless wealth of the most wonderful poetic prose...I think you are an inspiration to us all...Im giving it a try in my own little way...Thank You..!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to visit that Zoo! We didn't take a lot of family trips when growing up, but I remember going to the Zoo with my Girl Scout leader (my mom). I wanted to ride the elephant, but chickened out at the last second. My mom and brother rode it though. It was amazing to watch them riding that big beast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sir William you made your poem come alive!!! I also enjoyed the pictures! "Happy Friday"! :)
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  7. We go to the Zoo all the time. Your post made me anxious for it to be warm enough to walk around for hours and hours at our zoo. (The St. Louis Zoo has free admission, FYI!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait til spring to visit our zoo. (it's open but too cold for me, lol) This year hopefully we'll take some quick road trips around home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed reading your post.
    I always liked going to the zoo and Disney World.

    *Round Robin*

    ReplyDelete
  10. you took me along with you in the trip. Simply fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I went to the zoo recently with my youngerest son. He had a class project to do. I had sooo much fun watching all of the zoo animals "do their thing!" Happy Friday William! :) Love you fun words!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great poem. Some of my best memories are of taking my boys to the zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a 63 year old child. I love going to the Zoo. I love it even more now that I have my two grandkids to enjoy it with. I think going to the zoo and camping out is what my girls remember the most about growing up. I have enjoyed nature and animals since a child growing up on the farm. Thank you for an awesome post Billy. Also thank you for making the print a little larger, it is so much easier for me to read.

    Lots of love,
    Vi

    ReplyDelete
  14. PS Billy dear, will you take me to the zoo on my 64th birthday in a few weeks? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. much easier on the eyes william. love aking my boys to the zoo. always a great time....we are planning a trip to the DC zoo soon! happy weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/03/12/spring-break-is-here/

    i tried to do both Friday 55 and Family Fridays...
    thus waited...
    thank you for the incredible patience!
    I posted a poem for Family Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  17. when my kids are younger, we visit zoos every month...loved the cute animals in your post, panda is cool!
    thank you for the fun fun poem and for the joy it brings to readers...
    it is a family fun poem!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Children laughing at the Lions roar
    as the Polar bear dives in for fish
    Monkeys playing on old chewed ropes
    as the peacocks eat out of a dish'


    I have experienced everything you mentioned in this poem, all ring so very true, and the events are so very cool! train ride, feed lambs, see fish, play in the playgrounds...

    I grew up in country side, farm animals are nearby and our home are free zoo, did not go to zoo until I went to college in the capital city...

    Happy Friday!
    Outstanding post for Family Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Zoo is FUN!

    EXCELLENT POST, William darling!

    Happy 55!
    Happy Friday Follow!
    Happy Round Robin!
    Happy Friday Family!


    Have you a ROCKING and SEXY WEEKEND!

    hugs
    shakira

    FLASH FRIDAY-WHEN WILL IT END?

    WITH KAJ TANG-REN LINEHAN

    ReplyDelete
  20. THANKS A MILLION FRIENDS FOR ALL YOUR KIND COMMENTS, YOU MEAN THE WORLD TO ME :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. My dearest William,

    I am humbly inviting you and your friends to join me in a new meme that I have just created called,
    W33K3ND FUNNI3S!


    Please join me at W33K3ND FUNNI3S-THE CONFUSED CHINESE

    Your friendship and participation is highly appreciated.

    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  22. I loved the poem and the pictures. I think my favorite place to go as a kid was the Milwaukee Zoo and the Chicago Science and Industry Musuem.

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to register to leave a comment, simply click the drop down box for anonymous... the comment will go through, or why not Subscribe! Thanks a million for leaving a comment
PLEASE NOTE COMMENTS WILL SHOW UP AFTER APPROVAL.
your reviews of my work are deeply appreciated, please come visit again..:)
,