Tuesday, 16 March 2010

DAILY POEM "POETIC INSPIRATION"

The frost slowly melts on the window pane
as the warmth is lovely inside
the temperature is lowing the trees are now resting
as our cat snuggles lovingly beside.

The warmth of the fire glowing with light
is magical, a sight to behold
safe and warm inside my home
away from the wintry cold.


Composing a poem consuming a drink
this is a life we admire
trimming the pages of the old dusty poems
tossing the scrap on the old open fire.

We reminisce on the old, compose the new
read and edit the poems we once wrote
just as the ideas come flooding in
your mind escapes to float.

What subject will I write about?
that hasn't been covered as yet
just when you think you have that title
another poet will have it I bet!

Your mind wanders off the peace is sublime
not a sound is heard from within
double glazed windows keep out the noise
traffic, people and the din.

But still you cannot think of a poem
that would encapsulate your fans
will it be love, will it be hate?
and still your mind expands.

Will you write about your life
a book you could write you laugh
would it be interesting? would it be dull?
would it be as long as the neck of a giraffe?

You ponder some more, the paper is bare
your mind goes on to other things
and just as you recollect the life you have had
you awaken as the nightingale sings.

Another day you seem to be thankful
you are there to make someone smile
and when you make a difference out there
you can be proud and say its worthwhile.


We often wonder how we get our inspiration, when we have wrote about almost anything, with poetry its often harder because you have to get into the right mood, create the setting, some people can write on and on, others dry up, this poem is about inspiration and how you often feel when the pen goes dry...

Do YOU ever run out of things to write about? do you take a break? or are u always inspirational and able to write?



16 comments:

  1. I think I sometimes run out of things to write. Or wonder if people are really reading and enjoying what I have to say..

    We had frost today..

    Have a wonderful Tuesday..

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes i do. and i discipline myself to write anyway...sometimes even about having nothing to write about. lol. i smiled as i saw myself in your poem today...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a pleasant little inner journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do occasionally find myself wondering what to write about but that passes pretty quickly..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh....I hope I am still the first one! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can picture YOU with all this thoughts with your drink and writing this post to us! How lovely.

    If you notice, I try to stay creative. It is not just my writing but I like to spice things up and push the limit. I do more for myself than my readers but again, I feel the joy when my readers like my post. All the hard work is worthy.

    If I am not inspired then I will not write even the memes. I do not do a meme for the heck of it. I enjoy doing a good post with presentation that makes the post a joy to read.
    Hence, ensuring that my friends' visit to my blog is worthy of their time.

    Happy Tuesday and Good night, William.

    hugs
    shakira

    If
    If

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have trouble commenting using the phone.... Buddy your poetry is like looking at a painting, a flawless painting.
    Believe me even if you write about not having anything to write about it's still enjoyable

    ReplyDelete
  8. It does seem like I always have something to write about...I just do not always have the time to do it! :) Your words are an inspiration to us all! Have a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to take a break. LOL Believe it or not but I do at times run out of words. hehehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Viola
    lol thanks a lot friends, I think its natural to go dry now and again :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man sometimes I may only be writing for my own sanity but somedays the comments that come along with the post can be even more than I could ever imagine!

    Wonderful post, stopping by from Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Will you write about your life
    a book you could write you laugh
    would it be interesting? would it be dull?
    would it be as long as the neck of a giraffe?

    you always have the best humor,
    you know how people feel or what they do AS writers..

    everyone runs out of materials sometimes,
    I feel the same!
    cool post!
    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. when you run out of things to write, you can always write about us, your blogs, your friends...
    smart blogger
    with
    smart brain!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy St. Patrick's Day my Friend.

    I hope your day is filled with luck...

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have had a very hard time writing poetry lately.
    Just when I think I should give up something comes to mind.
    It doesn’t have to be any good, just something to pen out that allows the cobwebs to break apart.
    I love this poem!! This will be printed out and set on the fridge so when I get stuck I can get advice from you, my friend!
    Perfect:
    “You ponder some more, the paper is bare
    your mind goes on to other things
    and just as you recollect the life you have had
    you awaken as the nightingale sings.”

    Gerardine xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. At times I am dry
    ...dont always know why
    I think and I try
    ...but end in a sigh
    So when I am still
    ...I try to refill
    By clearing my will
    ...and reading some Bill
    Your poems are an inspiration..!!

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to register to leave a comment, simply click the drop down box for anonymous... the comment will go through, or why not Subscribe! Thanks a million for leaving a comment
PLEASE NOTE COMMENTS WILL SHOW UP AFTER APPROVAL.
your reviews of my work are deeply appreciated, please come visit again..:)
,