Wednesday, 10 February 2010

DAILY POEM "WHEN I NEED YOU"

It's light and small
can save a life
make cool sounds
cause less strife.

Go off anywhere
give you a fright
anytime of the day
and even at night.

Glow in the dark
take some pics
plug in your ear
do fine tricks.

Wake you up
free your hands
go on speaker
listen to bands

Keep you in touch
set new trends
shoot short videos
send to friends.

But the down side is
on it you can't depend
cos the battery dies
more money you spend.

Nothing you can do
stranded without hope
a useless tool
you feel like a dope.

Imagine being stranded
without a way to call
your nowhere near a garage
or a shopping mall.

you would have to walk for miles
to the nearest pay phone
imagine how you would feel
you would grump and you would groan.

What if it was night-time
the air was damp and thin
you only have a T shirt on
passersby would grin.

So friends listen here
if you travel afar
do yourself a favour
fit a charger in your car.


How many times have you needed your cellphone and it has let you down, or you are stranded in the middle of nowhere and your battery is dead, yes it has happened to us all, and you are powerless, when it happened to me I got TWO flats lol and I had to walk for miles to get to a payphone, so do yourself a favour friends, get a phone charger fitted to your car or take an emergency battery with you when going on long trips.

Has anything like this happened to YOU? what did you do? no swearing please LOL..

12 comments:

  1. Once 4 me,
    It is easy and helpful, but it needs recharges which is a setback...

    "So friends listen here,
    If U travel afar,
    do yourself a favour,
    fit a charger in your car"

    loved the ending, beautiful advice,
    valuable post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...this is super. William Im sure, all the mobile manufaturers would happily give their right arm to buy this for their advertising :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cell Phones are nice but they are not safe to use while you are driving. People have ran through red lights, and stop signs, dodge out of side streets and so on while they are not paying attention to what they are doing because of taking on the cell phone. They make a law not to talk on them while driving and people still do it. I have seen people killed and seriously hurt, and people's cars destroy by people talking on the cell phone while they are driving. If anyone who reads this talks on a cell phone while driving your car then you need to stop doing it. That phone call can wait until you get to where you are going or you can stop somewhere to talk. Someone's life is more important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. KREATIV AWARD for YOU on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ugh. yes indeed. why is it when i need it most i lose my signal...scary indeed to be in the middle of nowhere and out of touch...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I worked for T-mobile in their switch. Cell phones don’t work when the tower goes down- and nearly all the payphones around me have been taken away… that way you buy a cell that won't work when the weather is bad, or if the switch is doing Maintenance- or if your out of coverage area, or...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest William,
    Very lovely!
    For a moment, I thought you cannot live without a handphone!lol
    So true about the car charger.
    I try not to rely on it too much.
    Have you a great day, William.
    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mobile has let me down countless times.

    The worst time (which I'll never forget) was when I was driving home from work around 5pm (back in 1997) and some pillock pulled out in front of me, smashing up my car and sending me into a tree where I teetered 20ft above ground level. I was trapped in the car but amazingly okay. And when I managed to get the mobile out of my bag, the stupid thing had no battery power! Fortunately, a passer by stopped and rang the emergency services. From that day on, I have always made sure my mobile phone is fully charged.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. BILLY, THIS IS DELIGHTFULLY WRITTEN WITH A COMEDIC VIEW AT TIMES. I LOVED IT. IT'S QUITE A POINT OF VIEW AND THANKFULLY, I DO HAVE ONE OF THOSE BATTERY CHARGES FOR OUR CAR...IN FACT, WE HAVE TWO! ONE WAS OUR DAVID'S FOR HIS SO IT COMES IN REALLY HANDY. OF COURSE, IT WOULDN'T IF YOUR ENGINE WENT OFF! NO BATTERY FOR THE CAR, EITHER. LOL.
    LOVE & HUGS,
    MOM HELEN XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really nicely written!
    Have fun writing William :)

    marinela x x

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to register to leave a comment, simply click the drop down box for anonymous... the comment will go through, or why not Subscribe! Thanks a million for leaving a comment
PLEASE NOTE COMMENTS WILL SHOW UP AFTER APPROVAL.
your reviews of my work are deeply appreciated, please come visit again..:)
,