Monday, 22 February 2010

DAILY POEM "A VISIT TO MY LOCAL"


Lets go down to the pub tonight
try not to argue or get in a fight
drink your beer ,raise a cheer
ogle the barmaid but do not leer.

Watch the tv ,play a game
look who's come in ,whats his name?
throw some arrows shoot at pool
Fancy a Brandy? thanks that's cool.

Want some scratchins crisps or nuts?
dodge the hot food if you have sore guts!
play the juke box sing a song
Frankie's coming she won't be long.

Get the beers in its your round
I wonder if Johns here has he been found?
the chalk is missing, need my cue
you won't get the blame, oh no not you.

The singer is up, wow she's good
whats that she's singing? can't remember dude?
am I seeing double, must be the beer
in walks Isobel glad she is here.

The barmaid collecting the glasses is cute
I wonder if she noticed I'm on her foot?
look over there its Fred and Gwen
she is having a look at the men!

some guys in the corner are singing a song
bet they get thrown out before very long
Gwen is flurting with him at the bar
poor guy doesn't know he won't get far.

The old guy playing dominoes there
is a whizz which nothing can compare
he sits there carefully playing his hand
as his wife dances along with the band

End of the night all are merry
as usual swaggering are Tom and Jerry
call a cab ,lets get food
Man what a night darn well good.


Isnt the local pub a Grand place to be, when the place is buzzin and all the characters all good pubs have are there in abundance lol I hope this poem gives u a small idea of what a British Pub can be like especially your local, once you know all the folks it can be the best place in the World to spend a night... CHEERS folks

Do YOU like going to your Local pub, what funny things can you tell me that has happened?

18 comments:

  1. Damn well good indeed, a light poem and fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like FUN!
    I really like this poem.
    So lively and entertaining.
    Well done, William, I love it!

    Have you a great week.

    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi There..That is the best..I love you poems..they are funny and inspirational...I want to come to your pub for a fun night out..and ogle the men...!have great day..!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice william. i love a visit to the pub...we have a great place that offers ultimate fries with all the trimmings, even a side of brown gravy b/c that is the way the owner likes them...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, a local pub can be fun. I use to go more often when I was not a Mom. I loved getting to know the bar staff, and see some of the same people.. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love going to the pub. My "local" is two hundred and fourty miles north west though lol Take me hoooome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. party time,
    fun,
    laughter,
    sweet memories..

    what a beautiful poem to read and enjoy!
    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/02/22/u-deserve-a-star-today/

    a star award,
    Enjoy your time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it. I will be right over. Save me a spot! :) Have fun this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good poem William nothing like good fun with friends,I am also giving you the "Star Award" here pttyann-pttyann.blogspot.com yes you deserve it my friend have a good night.
    Luv Ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never go out anymore but I used to all the time. I like this but ummm what's scratchins & crisps?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dearest William,
    Can you share with me how you put our pages on top of your blog?
    that is so cool.
    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  13. My dearest Jingle,

    Me got an award for you.....

    Come and get it, please?

    http://justmeshakirack.blogspot.com/2010/02/honesty-is-best-policy-honest-scrap.html

    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  14. My dearest William

    Me got an award for you.....

    Come and get it, please?

    http://justmeshakirack.blogspot.com/2010/02/honesty-is-best-policy-honest-scrap.html

    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  15. THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOUR POEM FRIEND COULD BE A HAPPY DRUNK AFTER COMING HOME FROM HAPPY HOUR. BUT MY X IS NOT AND I GUESS THAT IS WHY HE IS MY X....VERY COLORFUL AND DISCRIPTIVE OF A NIGHT ON THE TOWN.MARILYN

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well my friend, I don't drink but I can have a coke. Love your playful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sir William that sure was good!!! I can remember all of the fun we had when we visited our favorite watering hole :)! Thank God those days are over I was almost a alcoholic for sure so I was having a little to much fun :)
    Love you "Happy Sunday"

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh I LOVED this poem, lol
    it was so fun and I could just imagine what you are describing as i read it, lol

    as always William, GREAT job ;)

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to register to leave a comment, simply click the drop down box for anonymous... the comment will go through, or why not Subscribe! Thanks a million for leaving a comment
PLEASE NOTE COMMENTS WILL SHOW UP AFTER APPROVAL.
your reviews of my work are deeply appreciated, please come visit again..:)
,