Friday, 22 January 2010

DAILY POEM "BREAKING UP"

When love turns sour
it can tear you apart
make life complicated
break your heart

Reminisce of the good times
forgetting the bad
looking over your old snapshots
of the fun you once had.

Hand in hand on the beach
sharing a meal
fighting over an orange
you struggled to peel!

Cuddling up at nightime
watching the TV
that was our life
how it was destined to be

But things went wrong
we started to fight
mostly during the day
sometimes at night.

Jealousy took its toll
you flurted around
just to make me angry
entirely unfound.

Then we slept seperately
and grunted "good day"
then finally it ended
we had nothing to say.

So I did the right thing
left you behind
but deep down I love ya
hiding feelings I find!

We both moved on
you found a new man
happier it seems
doing all that you can.

I wonder how long
it will last this time
till the rot sets in
when your in your "prime"?

However long it lasts
I wish you well
from the bottom of my heart
I hope you can tell.

Settled with a new partner
whom I love and adore
who kisses my cheek
when she walks out the door.

This has happened to us all, it makes you very sad, it takes a long time to get back to "normal" but we do survive and eventually move on or do we?

Who was YOUR first love and how did you break up? did you go on to find happiness?

12 comments:

  1. I see you changed your picture.. It looks great. Break up are hard for sure. You have the puppy love in Jr. high. Maybe your first love in college. Then after college you may find your soul mate. I think that is how it went for me. I was with someone from when I was 18 until I was 26. He broke up with me and turn my world upside down. I did learn a lot. Then I found my soul mate and my best friend. I am so glad the break up happened to me. At the time I was not happy but I am now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Hand in hand on the beach
    sharing a meal
    fighting over an orange
    you struggled to peel!"

    very vivid,
    rather candid,
    super sense-making,
    and extraordinarily
    enjoyable...

    everyone has similar experiences, it is a hit when you compose it and put it in poetry form...

    master of the mind,
    winner of poetry all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked this - perhaps tighten a few lines to keep the rhythm going. The small, precise details (especially the orange peel) add to the poem's strength.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice and yes, we do go on

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps. how cool that you added a link to one of my blogs up there!! I just saw it on my way out and said whoa! what's that? LOL you are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nicely done william. yeah, i have been there. it took a while to move on but i did..and foudn the one i eventually married. so moving on was not so bad. smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOU ALREADY KNOW MY FIRST LOVE'S NAME WAS BILLY AND HOW HE JUST COULDN'T DEAL WITH HOW MUCH MANY
    THINGS WE HAD IN COMMON. HE JUST COULDN'T TAKE IT AND DUMPED ME. OFF TO PUT THIS ON FACE BOOK.
    LOVE HURTS SOMETIMES, STILL WAITING FOR MR. RIGHT.,,,,MARILYN/MAFLongfellow

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have watched friends hit the same rut over and over, instead of working through it they leave, and try again. Teenage years we look, sigh and say puppy love.

    This section is my favorite:

    "Settled with a new partner
    whom I love and adore
    who kisses my cheek
    when she walks out the door"

    wonderfully written
    Gerardine Baugh

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice poem, William.

    It's terible when two people who love each other fall out of love.

    Human beings tend to make th same mistakes over and over again; it's so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Billy, it is always sad when two people break up, but sometimes it is for the best. I am proud to say that Larry and I next month will be marry 38 years. This poem is outstanding and emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Morning,

    We get up after we fall, that's how we survive,
    Breakups are heart breaking, but healing makes us stronger, smarter, more witty next time, that's an essential process of growing, along with some pains...

    unbeatable job.

    Happy Saturday, ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks friends, it isnt easy when this happens but yes we all move on...

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to register to leave a comment, simply click the drop down box for anonymous... the comment will go through, or why not Subscribe! Thanks a million for leaving a comment
PLEASE NOTE COMMENTS WILL SHOW UP AFTER APPROVAL.
your reviews of my work are deeply appreciated, please come visit again..:)
,