Monday, 4 January 2010

DAILY POEM"TWO FINGERED TAPPING"

He taps the keys like a man possessed
trying to get everything complete
he wishes he could use other parts of his body
yes including his feet.

The keyboard is set like a map of the world
each key is as complex as the last
but no matter how many times he types with his fingers
he cannot learn to go very fast.

He learns the qwerty on top of the board
and memorises some of the moves
when he opens his eyes to see the results
he sees he has come out the grooves.

Once he has mastered this menace on keys
he will dance and open the beers
for this little piece of technology
has brought a grown man to tears.


Comment, I envy people who can type, like a secretary, they can type fast and although I get by I would love to be able to type like those guys who can do it without thinking, taking their eye of the keyboard wow, dont know how they do it lol, but we get by lol...

cmon own up guys, how many of you are great typers lol

5 comments:

  1. Hello:

    it seems like the typing hand has something to do with WORDS in written form, which is my topic for today.
    shorter poem, but you have gasped the essence of the art.

    a job wisely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your poem Billy. When I was in school I made a c in typing, but after years of typing poems, short stories, and writing books I have to say that I can type very fast now with just a few mistakes. I guess that goes to prove the more you do something the better you get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took a typing class in high school, I should have paid more attention to spelling.LOL!!
    Great poem.
    I love these two lines:
    "he wishes he could use other parts of his body
    yes including his feet"

    Gerardine Baugh
    http://gerardinebaugh.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some fun again friends, but its true in some cases lol, still cant take my eye of the keyboard lol, thanks for your comments

    ReplyDelete
  5. "The keyboard is set like a map of the world"

    This is my favorite line of this poem. I love it when I read a poem and it gets me to think about something in a completely different way. Thanks for sparking my imagination today! Maybe it will evolve into a moments of genius post!

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to register to leave a comment, simply click the drop down box for anonymous... the comment will go through, or why not Subscribe! Thanks a million for leaving a comment
PLEASE NOTE COMMENTS WILL SHOW UP AFTER APPROVAL.
your reviews of my work are deeply appreciated, please come visit again..:)
,