Sunday, 3 January 2010

DAILY POEM "WOMANS WORK"

Up at six, another day ahead
its time to get the kids up for school
breakfast is a chaotic time
but its free from many a rule.

Toast for Johnny, cereal for Sue
while dad shouts "were are my socks"?
Tammy the cat is meowing at my feet
 Simon sits with his music player and rocks.

Joan is crying her cereal has spilled
the dog thinks yes, this is great!
Johnny is complaining his packed lunch isn’t ready
while I try to pack up his lunch crate.

Get the kids dressed, iron a shirt
turn the dishwasher on
hubby is mumbling in the background as usual
then shouts for our little John.

Breakfast is over, time for them to go
dad drops them all of at school
little Joan sits with her empty bowl
with memories of when it was full!

Joan goes to nursery it’s time for the chores
the vacuum is ready to go
dusting around the ornaments carefully
trying to get out the yarn to sew.

Shopping to do, clothes to press
forgetting the maintenance man is due
sat in a cold house, freezing to death
it’s a wonder I don’t have the flu.

The boiler packed in, the heating isn’t on
apart from my rushing around
I wonder how much its gonna cost this time
I thought the boiler was sound..

Just as I think I am finished for now
its nearly that time again
collect the kids from school and nursery
there’s plenty to do after then.

grab a coffee read the paper
then hang the washing out
prepare for dinner, feed the cat
de scale and wash the trout!

By the time I settle its almost bedtime
I am dreaming of peace in my life
but who would have it any other way
its the consequences of being a good wife.


LETS HEAR IT FOR THE LADIES... WITHOUT THEM WE WOULDN'T SURVIVE..

Then again a lot of Guys do the same? we call them House Husbands here in the UK, are you one? let me hear from you..

PICTURE COURTESY OF GOOGLE

6 comments:

  1. I loved this poem when you post it on BWOP and I still love it. Glad you are sharing it with your new friends. Us old friends enjoy reading it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fast pace in this poem is wonderful. I feel every second of the rush.

    My favorite line:
    “grab a coffee read the paper
    then hang the washing out
    prepare for dinner, feed the cat
    de scale and wash the trout!

    Never a moment to spare!

    Gerardine Baugh
    http://gerardinebaugh.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my today! I like it much better when he goes off to work and I can sneak in a moment here and there for myself. His days off run me ragged while he rests and wonders why I'm so pooped!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why man knows a woman's heart, I feel very relieved too after the kids are dropped off at school and I have a moment for myself to chew...

    very sense-making.
    Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lets hear it for the girls, thanks a lot ladies you rock xx and guys too, thanks for the comments

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello William I just came across this wonderful and funny poem! I can remember the days "Whew" it did get hectic but thank God those days are in the pass for Flower!!! Really good poem enjoyed it greatly :D :D .

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to register to leave a comment, simply click the drop down box for anonymous... the comment will go through, or why not Subscribe! Thanks a million for leaving a comment
PLEASE NOTE COMMENTS WILL SHOW UP AFTER APPROVAL.
your reviews of my work are deeply appreciated, please come visit again..:)
,