Saturday, 30 January 2010

DAILY POEM "SADNESS"



My first attempt at a song a few years back :)


If sadness was a name then it would be mine
tears flow from my eyes all the time
my sorrow is deep
as I sit here and weep
if sadness was a name then it would be mine.


If the clouds fell from the sky
there would be nothing stopping me fly
I would come home to you
and then wouldn't be blue
if sadness was a name then it would be mine.


chorus

Sadness is my friend
on your life I do depend
I need you by my side
like the shore needs the tide
if sadness was a name it would be mine!


If heaven closed it's doors I'd give you a key
to be closer to heaven and me
angels would watch out for you
guided by love through and through
if sadness was a name then it would be mine.


If together we are to be then that’s fine
holding hands in the sunlight your mine
pulling at the grass
with my bonnie lass
if sadness was a name then it would be mine.

chorus

Sadness is my friend
on your life I do depend
I need you by my side
like the shore needs the tide
if sadness was a name it would be mine!


If the dawning of a day would never appear
I wouldn't care as long as you are here
I want you by my side
to be my loving bride.
if sadness was a name then it would be mine.


If the sun eclipsed today the moon would show
but desite this or anything else we would grow
our love would be one
we would still have fun
if sadness was a name it would be mine.


Chorus

Sadness is my friend
on your life I do depend
I need you by my side
like the shore needs the tide
if sadness was a name it would be mine!


repeat and fade :)

Sadness is my friend
on your life I do depend
I need you by my side
like the shore needs the tide
if sadness was a name it would be mine!


This was my first attempt at writing a song, no music lol but just imagine it to something...


What is YOUR favourite song or piece of music, maybe you met your partner? maybe it reminds you of your teenage, we all have favourite songs...

13 comments:

  1. All religious songs are my favorite, however not including those songs my favorite is, "Let's Twist Again by Chubby Checker." I love doing the twist for my exercises. Of course this is done in my living room with my grandkids having fun with me. The three of us can dance up a storm. LOL Billy you song is simply wonderful, although I do not have any music talent I could sing to your song. Nicely done my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sad song! Hmmm...my favorite song would have to be "When You Say Nothing at All" by Allison Kraus. It's from my wedding. My husband and I chose that for our song 15 years ago. I really love it when my husband sings it to me.

    Other songs that I adore are songs written by my father. My dad is a fantastic song writer, although he has never pursued publication. He also plays guitar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Maybe someone will see this poem and put it to music.

    This part is so sweet:

    “If heaven closed it's doors I'd give you a key
    to be closer to heaven and me
    angels would watch out for you
    guided by love through and through”


    My favorite song- is kid’s song, goofy enough that I get odd looks-


    "Boom boom but it's great to be crazy
    Boom boom but it's great to be crazy
    Giddy and foolish all day long
    Boom boom but it's great to be crazy
    Way down south where bananas grow
    A flea stepped on an elephants toe
    The elephant cried, with tears in his eyes
    Pick on someone your own size"

    Have a great weekend!

    Gerardine Baugh
    http://gerardinebaugh.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. what beautiful post about sadness in a song.

    I feel the immeasurable power in it.

    I like all kinds of folk song, pop songs...
    sorry that could not recall at the moment,

    best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was real good.. I wonder if you have more attempts like this one :)

    Anything sad and romantic .. is my favorite..

    I don't have a one favorite song, it just changes by time.. so i'll say the first that came to my mind now is "Never too far away" for Mariah Carey :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow a great song to hear if you are feeling sad. I love Kenny Chesney. He has my heart and I love everything about him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really beautiful song. Obviously channelling some sad event of loosing someone really dear. Hmm my favourite song, wrong question to ask a music nut. Which era? My all time favourite has got to be "I'm Yours" by the Script. It has a special meaning for me and someone very special :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well you my friend have written a truly wonderful song here, but you have nothing in the world to be sad about your too good a person for that :D Can't really say I have a favorite song because I love music so much to narrow down to one song would be hard. Keep writing you will make it big one day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You just don't LOOK the sort to be writing emo lyrics, William! ::shock:: ;) I like the line, "If sadness was a name it would be mine," but it seems the poet's in love with, and dependent on, sadness itself. I don't mean to judge, but my feeling is that sadness is a lover that ought to be kicked to the curb!

    Thanks for your kind words and your visit to my blog, William. (Nice name, by the way. ;) I like "William" much better than "Sadness.")

    ReplyDelete
  10. Take good care,
    everything will be fine.

    if you are worry free,
    you will be free
    and happy
    everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sorry i have not been around...14 inches of snow...escaped for a few minutes to catch up a bit...loved the song. sadness as a friend...a heavy techer at times.

    my faorite song is black by pearl jam.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Truly "Beautiful" William!!! I would love to hear it sung. :D

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to register to leave a comment, simply click the drop down box for anonymous... the comment will go through, or why not Subscribe! Thanks a million for leaving a comment
PLEASE NOTE COMMENTS WILL SHOW UP AFTER APPROVAL.
your reviews of my work are deeply appreciated, please come visit again..:)
,