Monday, 28 December 2009

DAILY POEM "YOUR KILLING ME"

I adore every part of your body
your lean and taste so divine
I cannot wait to hold you
I am selfish you are only mine.

But why can't I get enough of you?
when I know you are dangerous to me
my life can end so horribly
everyone knows but I cannot see.

I call them spoilsports and evil
how could they despise you so much?
its not them you want to be near to
its me and thousands as such.

I have tried to live without you
put you away in a cupboard to forget
but I know in my mind I will unlock you
and once agian I lose the bet.

Will you ever release me?
stop my brain from yearning away
I cannot forget the bond we have
I will try to stop you another day!

The more I get under your spell
the harder it is to say no
but for some health and other reasons
I know you have to go.

I may have to exorcise you
get the demons out of my head
but for now I will think about you
in my dreams all alone ,in bed.

When I awake in the morning
I may not want you near
it will depend on my will power
and the deepened constant fear.

If stress hits my daily routine
I may reach out for your calming powers
but if everything goes alright today
I will keep you in locked,secure, towers.


What is it like to try to stop smoking, many many people have been there done that got the T shirt, but just how hard is it? like all addictions its really hard to combat, success is in the mind,

how many people do YOU know who have stopped and restarted through weird circumstances, but hats off to the guys who have stopped and have remained stopped.

7 comments:

  1. Billy, my best friend, it is hard to stop smoking but it can be done. My doctor said out of all his patients I was the last one he thought would stop smoking. I was raised on a tobacco farm so I learned at an early age how tobacco smells but that didn't stop me from starting to smoke when I was the age of twenty. It was not until I stopped smoking 1 1/2 years ago that I realized how bad they smelled. I smoked for 43 years my friend. But I am so happy that I have overcome that habit, and stop letting it control me. As you know I lost all but one brother from cancer, plus your dear friend Ruth, my oldest sister fought small cell cancer for over a year and I had lung cancer too. Although my cancer did not come from smoking it could very well have come from it. You know my story, and went through all the deaths in my family with me as well as helping me and Ruth through fighting our battles with cancer. You were a good friend Billy through it all so when you decide to make that step let me be part of it and help you through it whenever you need me. Even today sometimes I will get wanting one but I can say no because at last I learned to be in control, not tobacco. Your poem was very touching, and I think should be posted on all the poetry sites, in the newspapers, everywhere. Thank you for writing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. popular topic, affective emotions...

    the more I get under your spell
    the harder it is to say no
    ...
    I like these high quality lines flow from your fingure tips

    My family members don't smoke, thus not sure about exactly what other smoker would do or feel when they try to stop

    Far-sighted version is illustrated in your work
    Stay unbeatable and enjoy a preachy day,

    ReplyDelete
  3. My father smoked, quit and started up again. Today would have been his 86th birthday, except he died 27 days short of his 74th birthday. He had a massive heart attack caused from smoking.

    My mother –in-law died two years ago a few days shy of her 65th birthday. Cancer from smoking.
    I could go on but I won’t, very depressing.


    Your poem gets to the heart of smoking;

    “ But why can't I get enough of you?
    when I know you are dangerous to me
    my life can end so horribly
    everyone knows but I cannot see.”

    Beautifully written poem!

    Gerardine Baugh
    http://gerardinebaugh.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Billy,
    In was aable to read everything but what was written in yellow today. I wouldn't have wanted to miss this one, both for the content and the flawless craftsmanship.
    Consistently, you are putting out high quality poems. I do congratulate you.
    Also, the content is so meaningful to people. I started smoking when I was 'tween age,
    copying my glamorous older sister. When I got married at age 21, my husband didn't smoke
    and I felt funny smoking when he didn't, so I stopped cold turkey. However, I later developed asthma; but it could have been a lot worse. Some near and dear to me chain smoke, and I hope and pray that they will retain their good health. Mary Naylor

    ReplyDelete
  5. ADDICTION NEEDS TO BE DELT WITH MIRACULAOUSLY BY GOD'S TOUCH OF HEALING OR NEUTRITIONALLY. TWO BOOKS TO BE READ FOR THIS CURE THE BIBLE AND
    "THE SCHWARZBEIN PRINCIPLE ll" written BY
    AN ENDOCRINOGOLIST. A MUST READ. TO YOUR HEALTH , MARILYN

    ReplyDelete
  6. I REALLY ENJOYED THIS ROMANTIC POEM. THE YELLOW TITLE IS VERY DIFFICULT TO SEE, THOUGH AND I HAD TROUBLE FIGURING OUT THE WORD IN THE 'ASH' BUT OTHERWISE, IT WAS LOVELY. I'M GLAD I CAN AT LEAST GIVE YOU SOME REVIEW ON THE EMAIL. OH, I JUST NOTICED, WHEN I READ IT BEFORE ON THE EMAIL, THE CIGARETTE WAS DOWN FURTHER, BUT NOW I READ IT AGAIN FROM THE REPLY, THE CIGARETTE AND ASHES WAS UP WHERE IT BELONGED.OKAY, IT REALLY ISN'T A ROMANTIC POEM, IT'S ABOUT TRYING TO GIVE UP SMOKING. AH, YOU DID WELL ON THIS ONE...VERY EXOTIC! A SUPERB POEM.

    BLESS YOU MY FRIEND. WILL WRITE AGAIN.

    LOVE, HELEN XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks everyone for your kind comments..

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to register to leave a comment, simply click the drop down box for anonymous... the comment will go through, or why not Subscribe! Thanks a million for leaving a comment
PLEASE NOTE COMMENTS WILL SHOW UP AFTER APPROVAL.
your reviews of my work are deeply appreciated, please come visit again..:)
,