Tuesday, 15 December 2009

DAILY POEM "MY FATHER'S SON"

To my dad.God rest his soul 2000

Cry for me my father's son
teach me how to have some fun
forests gems and living things
hear the angel as she sings.

It won't be long we will soon be as one
to dream to love to see the sun
for in my eyes you do compare
to the loveliest dreams we will now share.

And as I see you as a ghost
a spirit here a man,my host
you will come now you will prepare
that's why I dream,and often stare
into your eyes Into our prayer


Of you my Father's son....

This was the very first poem I wrote,  Dedicated to my dad who sadly passed away, it was published in an anthology on Poets.com, I was thrilled because that's when I realized that I could write and have been ever since...

5 comments:

  1. I can see why this was published. So beautiful, I am so sorry your father has passed on.

    My favorite line, (?) It has to be the entire poem.

    Gerardine

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's deeply emotional and moving. I cannot fathom the pain and grief of losing someone because fortunately, my parents are still with me.
    Your words speak volumes Bill.

    Regards,
    Sujoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. great son, great father, great father-son relation! Dreams are something you, and everyone else have been trying to pursue rest of our lives, Good luck!

    God bless you and your family,
    Peace with your father!

    Here is my real name Ji...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Billy my friend this poem is so beautiful. Very heartwarming and emotional. You do have a wonderful talent in writing.
    Love Vi

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to register to leave a comment, simply click the drop down box for anonymous... the comment will go through, or why not Subscribe! Thanks a million for leaving a comment
PLEASE NOTE COMMENTS WILL SHOW UP AFTER APPROVAL.
your reviews of my work are deeply appreciated, please come visit again..:)
,