Tuesday, 15 December 2009

DAILY POEM "DEFIANCE"



wind me up like a toy
be sure I will respond,
treat me good or even bad
But still I will abscond

I will not listen to you anymore
You have no more to say
The brightness of sun,darkness of night
will always find a way.

Tragedies forgotten memories dulled
Cant take away my pain,
sunshine and flowers magnificent powers
won't penetrate my brain.

too late now scarred I am
gone without remorse
heartfelt wounds tormented soul
evilness endorsed

Save me gently hope is lost
Dream of new beginnings
fractured hearts poisoned life
devoid of sensual sinning.

Sleep at last time to rest
reborn in sullen times
Ending clear spirits gone
a settlement of crimes.



one of those poems u write when your mind is active.....

do your kids act defiantly? what do you do to combat this?

3 comments:

  1. Billy this poem is great and I too love the line "Wind me up like a toy" great job my friend. viola

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hear love and relationships. Or, is that life in general?

    “Wind me up like a toy” I love it!

    To me, this feels like an act of defiance. To find self- freedom!

    Brilliant poem!

    Gerardine Baugh
    http://gerardinebaugh.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Billy, Your poems just keep getting better and better! Your heart-stirring message was embedded like a jewel in this well crafted poem.
    Mary Naylor

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to register to leave a comment, simply click the drop down box for anonymous... the comment will go through, or why not Subscribe! Thanks a million for leaving a comment
PLEASE NOTE COMMENTS WILL SHOW UP AFTER APPROVAL.
your reviews of my work are deeply appreciated, please come visit again..:)
,