Thursday, 31 December 2009

DAILY POEM "HOPELESS WITHOUT YOU"

Pour me another one I'm not counting
ok I may have had six or seven!
but to me I survive in my own little world
all alone in My form of Heaven!

Why do you chastise me? doesn't everyone drink?
whats wrong with the odd nip or two?
it's not that I can't control myself
I depend on that from YOU!

Cider is my forte, yes I may drink a litre
but bearing in mind that's a day!
most people drink more than this in the pub
"be quiet I must have my say"

You torment me daily, LEAVE ME ALONE
try my life "go on" if you dare!
I did not choose to be this way
infact I don't even care!

Give me the bottle, you have me upset
my nerves are not made of steel
forget the mixer thats too much effort
I prefer to drink you for real!

I believe you will kill me eventually
but that chance I am willing to take
for years I have suffered the consequences
meeting YOU was not my mistake.

When you are done, yes I will be sad
I may borrow or steal to get you
because you have no idea how you comfort me
with you I am never blue.

I may end up with nothing or any friends
I have only the clothes on my back
but as long as I have YOU by my side
I don't care of aggression or attack.

PICTURE COURTESY OF GOOGLE


This is a personal argument from a person who has alcohol issues, trying to reason with himself as to why he drinks, always having an answer when there is a fear of stopping, this is a disease like any other addiction, many people suffer or have known people who suffer from alcohol abuse and at this time of the year the message is needed to go out, we do not need Alcohol to have fun, if you can control it, drink responsibly, don't overdo it, there is a full year ahead.....

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY READERS, AND A BIG THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT.

6 comments:

  1. I may end up with nothing or any friends
    I have only the clothes on my back
    but as long as I have YOU by my side
    I don't care of aggression or attack.

    Read more: http://www.williamm49.blogspot.com/#ixzz0bHnzATIV

    Magical finish 9see above), Magnificent touches
    in life or stories of those who struggle
    and try to stop drinking...

    Happy New Year
    carry No fear
    shed No tear
    that's it, my friend, dear


    I admire your open-mindedness and kindness in supporting me in 2009,
    wishing you and your loved family an outstanding ONE
    in having FUN
    and getting things
    beautifully Done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another excellent poem my friend to bring out addiction in alcohol abuse. You are doing so good in your writing. Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such emotion! Outstanding poem!!
    Favorite part:

    "I may end up with nothing or any friends
    I have only the clothes on my back
    but as long as I have YOU by my side
    I don't care of aggression or attack"
    Happy New year
    Gerardine Baugh
    http://gerardinebaugh.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alcohol can ruin lives great in proportion but having had childhood experience of this drug it makes me sad when people get addicted, thanks friends..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent poem! I don't drink, but this poem has lots of feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful. very beautifully written = the feelings of an alcoholic.

    it seems i am back to kolkata again that is my signal is back to kolkata again after a brief trip to bihar.

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to register to leave a comment, simply click the drop down box for anonymous... the comment will go through, or why not Subscribe! Thanks a million for leaving a comment
PLEASE NOTE COMMENTS WILL SHOW UP AFTER APPROVAL.
your reviews of my work are deeply appreciated, please come visit again..:)
,