Saturday, 26 December 2009

DAILY POEM "DARK DREAMS"

Cold beads of sweat running down my brow
tossing and turning all night
impossible to awaken from a coma like state
suffering the terrors of fright.

What makes our brain imagine things?
you would probably never experience for real
perhaps you were an actor in a previous life
because everything here you can feel.

People you can picture some have names
others come and go in the scene
its always the ones you can never imagine
in your everyday life they have been.

Carried on to memory like a taped account
only to be used when asleep
if awake you could possibly control them
and the horrible things you could keep.

Perhaps its something you dealt with that day?
or at a time you felt at your worst
bad things brought on by unpleasant memories
right now all you feel is your cursed.

When you awake in the morning you find
the covers are like a bombarded shelter
whilst trying to remember what your dream was about
your brain is on a fast helter-skelter.....

How many of you have had bad dreams??

6 comments:

  1. What an amazing poem!
    I have had curious dreams last night, I could not remember what exactly it is, it kind of bugs me...

    You have some power predicting and judging minds, you wrote this poem which really reminds me of my own dreams...

    Very intelligent post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel the nightmare in your words. Very intense poem!

    Favorite line:
    “bad things brought on by unpleasant memories

    right now all you feel is your cursed.”

    You inspired me to pull up an old piece I had written a while ago, I need to rework it.

    Gerardine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dreams are like poems and stories, they can be funny, scary, emotional, and just plain sad. They can be from something that happen in our past or something that is going to happen in our future. They can be from a book we read, from a movie we watched or from something we said or did within that day. No matter the reason behind our dreams they all same so real, and Billy my friend you have captured dreams and nightmares so very well in this intense poem that you have penned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BILLY, THIS POEM "DARK DREAMS" IS MAGNIFICENT. I REALLY ENJOYED IT. HOW DO I COMMENT ON YOUR WORK ON YOUR BLOG?

    LOVE & HUGS, HELEN XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great poem. I especially could feelthe music of your flow. Your poems weave a spell around the reader. Mary Naylor

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can relate to the words and questions you raise in this poem. Every time I read it, a new line sticks out for me. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to register to leave a comment, simply click the drop down box for anonymous... the comment will go through, or why not Subscribe! Thanks a million for leaving a comment
PLEASE NOTE COMMENTS WILL SHOW UP AFTER APPROVAL.
your reviews of my work are deeply appreciated, please come visit again..:)
,